Had to have been a turning point in our culture
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2019-06-17 11:23:15)

In reply to: 25 years ago today, the Juice went for a car ride  posted by DBCooper

I'm not even sure what turned, but it's crazy what a big moment this was in our history. A HOF football player and bad-actor (more ways than one) created a media frenzy almost unheard of before that.

Was it race? Was it fame? Both? But, even with both thrown in this story is so far ahead of just about every other story in terms of crazy/infamy that it's still hard to believe.

Heroin, heroin Frank!!!
by iudomer  (2019-06-17 11:54:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll see what I can do Nordberg.

Among other things, 90% of the country probably....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-17 11:47:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would never have known who Al Cowlings is and 99.999999% would never have known who Kato Kaelin is. Lance Ito is probably in that range, as well.

Bob Shapiro and Marcia Clark, too *
by sprack  (2019-06-17 14:09:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Jackie Chiles *
by ArasEra  (2019-06-17 18:27:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, I'd put Jackie in the 80% category ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-17 18:43:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe it's because of my profession but when he was picked I wasn't surprised - appropriate fit with Bailey and Dershowitz and among all of them the most likely to actually take the lead in the courtroom. Shapiro, on the other hand, I hadn't heard of.

Honestly only knew of two beforehand: Bailey and Dershowitz,
by Hati Hijau  (2019-06-17 21:04:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

excluding the alleged(?) murderer. Father's family came from near Buffalo, and his uncle had season tickets for years. Cousin's basement was plastered with Bills and Simpson crap. The only Bills player I ever rooted for was Walt Patulski, and saw him play at a Bears pre-season game. It was quite a treat.

Patulski came from Syracuse tangent: Met Jim Brown at the Canton OH HOF Football Game when he was inducted. Great moment.

I forgot about Shapiro, as was proper. Thanks. *
by Hati Hijau  (2019-06-17 15:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My evidence prof, a well respected British jurist, covered
by TripleDomer  (2019-06-17 12:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the OJ case the entire course.

An evidence professor at GW did that as well, starting
by 1NDGal  (2019-06-17 13:21:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spring semester 1996.

Must have been an interesting way of teaching that ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-17 13:00:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

although I think it's possible to have gotten way off track with the DNA stuff.