I had mine replaced on June 11
by bactien (2019-06-22 12:46:29)

In reply to: Day (12) - Post Op Hip-Replacement-1st ReHab Session Went  posted by Jammer

at the VA hospital in Indy. All went very well till I went home. I fell asleep and pretty much stayed asleep till the morning. That's when I discovered that my leg was swollen to elephant size. I had to get that down before I could walk. Now that the leg is almost unswollen, I am walking. A bit of pain in my leg. As the Doc said, I am taking abway your pain and replacing it with new pain. The good news is that your old pain would not go away unless someone did something. The new pain will go away every so slowly but it will go.

But no bourbon, dammit.

“One Small Step” Forward each day - Someone correctly told
by Jammer (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-22 13:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

me to “stay ahead of the pain with the Meds!”
Learned my lesson the hard way @ 3am on Friday night as I tried to go “Med-Free” last night after walking 200+ yards around the neighborhood on Friday.
I just used walker to go out & get the mail & a circuit 1/4 way around the block - No Problems Today; am going to throttle down the next (48) hours
Am going Back to see the Ortho Doc on Tuesday afternoon- Hoping to drive by July 4th- all depends on the Pain Meds
Stay Positive! Like Your Doc said: You now have a New Pain which will continue to get better; before June 11th You had a Hip Pain for months/Years which was going to continue to get worse!
Our new hips are metals & alloys; the nerves & muscles around them must heal!
Good Luck & let me know how You are doing! I have attached my email if you want to send me an update- - -

email seems like the best way to continue this discussion. *
by Bruno95  (2019-06-24 11:16:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post