Take a wild guess. *
by Nitschke (2019-07-16 13:05:38)

In reply to: Which The Open? *  posted by ACross

This user did not provide content for this post

The Quad Cities Open? *
by sprack  (2019-07-16 13:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Close *
by Nitschke  (2019-07-16 13:31:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Greater Milwaukee Open? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-07-16 13:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Kemper Open *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-07-16 16:44:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would’ve been a great guess in 1989. *
by Nitschke  (2019-07-16 14:03:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The kids all call it the John Deere Classic now.
by IAND75  (2019-07-16 13:19:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Quad Cities Open still slips out of me from time to time. Old habits of a native are hard to break.

At one time wasn't this the old Robinson Open?
by ProV1x  (2019-07-16 16:04:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean like in the 50's type "one time". There were several tournaments like it around the southern Indiana-Illinois-Kentucky-Ohio area at the time, all played in late summer-early fall so many of the club professionals could get away from their own club jobs to play. Evansville had two good ones, one at Hellfrich the other at Fendrich. Good money for the pros at that time and decent prizes for us amateurs. I only played at Robinson once because we were already in class at ND.

Edit...Forgot, the Robinson Open got PGA Tour status for a few years after it was the mini tour event I referred to.

The Robinson Open was in Robinson, IL near the IN border.
by gond79  (2019-07-17 17:08:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A bit of trivia, the Heath bar originated in Robinson, IL. It was made by the L.S. Heath Company.

Yep, I thought they lost their PGA Tour dates to Qusd Cities *
by ProV1x  (2019-07-18 07:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post