What does a statement like this mean?
by squid (2019-08-23 02:58:56)

In reply to: Every single person I know who has one  posted by Allumeuse

How many people’s kitchens have you been in to know whether or not they have a pot filler faucet? Is this like an n of 4? And of that presumably small subgroup how many can you say don’t know how to turn a handle and have water come out?

Anyway, the correct answer is to get an instant hot water tap at the the sink. Quooker brand among others.

My parents have instant hot water.
by starburns  (2019-08-23 07:50:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It breaks constantly and the water tastes weird.

I had an instant hot water tap once. I loved it.
by milhouse  (2019-08-23 20:53:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was great for making French press coffee.

My parents have had one for years
by Ty Webb  (2019-08-23 09:57:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it's great.

Tastes weird?
by squid  (2019-08-23 08:31:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only way someone tastes boiling water is via tea or instant coffee. I challenge you to do a blind taste test with tea. Theoretically, water for tea is best when heated to just below the boiling point but obviously just about everyone on earth uses an electric kettle or stove top kettle after it boils.

Mine has never broken but that’s a n of 1.

And to clarify, it’s not an instant hot water heater for the house (showers, etc) that replaces the electric or gas hot water heater. It’s just the kitchen sink.

The tea made with the spout tasted way different
by starburns  (2019-08-26 04:56:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than tea made with water boiled in a kettle then allowed to come off-boil.

I appreciate the squid-splaining about how to make tea.

At least I sought an explanation. *
by squid  (2019-08-26 10:17:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post