Got it in right ear; loss all frequencies, especially highs.
by ferndog (2019-08-24 14:47:20)
Edited on 2019-08-24 15:15:59

In reply to: Family member diagnosed with tinnitus. Has been told not  posted by other_guy

Even human voice.

I’ll have to do something eventually, can be fixed w/ hearing aid. Just priced one out at Hear USA and they were asking about $3k. I told them to pound sand.

I’ve got to go check out Costco, or another provider.

I bought my hearing aid at Cosco after going to an
by ProV1x  (2019-08-24 15:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Audiologist who sells them and a top brand Hearing Aid outlet. I have been more than extremely happy with Cosco Hearing Center on all counts but prices were still close to the range of the other two hearing device providers I went to. Those things aren't cheap, but Cosco does give one a SIX month trial period with full refund if you are dissatisfied. Fantasticmost give 45 days. The higher price for mine is probably because I completely have no hearing in my right ear but I bought a little speaker device my wife or someone can wear and their voice goes directly into my hearing aid. I can hear them from another room or outside...which is good or bad according to what one wants to pay attention to.

Can I just say I enjoy your posts and am always happy to
by eriendfan  (2019-08-24 22:13:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See you posting. Always positive, informative and optimistic. I am a big fan.

Must be from that time you spent at Fairlawn CC. Akron folks keep it real. 😊

Stay well my friend.

My dad’s hearing aid has a Bluetooth connection to his phone
by EricCartman  (2019-08-24 18:55:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s pretty cool, when it works.

Great for him. I have to say I'm still a flip phone guy,
by ProV1x  (2019-08-25 19:43:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but most of the time I have it turned off because a call might be for me.

Costco as well and I recommend them. *
by Barney68  (2019-08-24 17:46:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hearing aids
by jas (click here to email the poster)  (2019-08-24 14:51:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

check eargo on the web. I wear them.