LL update: I have now faced six 9(6)s in seven matches.
by milhouse (2020-05-30 13:31:28)

This has to be some kind of record.

On the plus side, I've only given up 2 UFPA, so maybe that counts for something.

I moved down to 2nd. KC05 is leading our rundle
by HScorpio  (2020-05-30 16:07:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had 5 right yesterday, and lost to a 9(6). Art continues to be my weakness, along with Theater and Film.

I've had a much easier SOS than you
by KeoughCharles05  (2020-06-01 21:53:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You've got five more correct answers than me, roughly the same defensive efficiency, but "allowed" 8 more correct answers. I'm confident this will resolve itself over the course of the rest of the season.

I was lucky to get a 9(6) yesterday as I had
by Barrister  (2020-05-30 15:55:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a spelling mistake I thought would bite me in the ass.

On the art question?
by John88  (2020-05-30 15:57:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you seen the message boards at LL? You were not alone.

I’m near last in my R rundle in total correct answers.
by John88  (2020-05-30 15:49:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yet I’m still 3-3-1.

Defense is the best offense. My completely lucky defensive efficiency of 0.821 has kept me alive. At some point my lack of knowledge will permit the hammer to fall.

I’m pretty much a Brian Kelly coached team, living on borrowed time.

How do they determine a UFPA? *
by El Kabong  (2020-05-30 14:54:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UFPA = unforced points allowed.
by milhouse  (2020-05-30 14:56:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For example, let's say your opponent gets three correct, and you weighted them 2, 1, and 0. The 2 would be 1 UFPA, because you could/should have given him 1 point for that question, and so you allowed him to score 1 point "unforced."

Are you in A Rundle?
by Dr Muppet  (2020-05-30 14:06:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, that's not terribly uncommon. Coupled with the fact that the season thus far has seemed much easier than average. I think I'm about 100 points above my average so far. I fully anticipate a crushing return to the mean.

Yes. But still.
by milhouse  (2020-05-30 14:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did some math, and the next toughest schedule in my rundle includes facing only three 9(6)s.

This is my third season in A Rundle, and I can't remember having this many 9(6)s in a whole season, much less in a row.

I have 5 six packs so far this season
by Allumeuse  (2020-05-30 20:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which means that this season is pretty easy so far.

On another note, 5 6 packs is only good enough for 5th in my A rundle. So yeah.

I hate smart people like you.
by John88  (2020-05-30 21:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sort of.

I am not smart, I just know a lot of random garbage *
by Allumeuse  (2020-05-30 21:58:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks again for the referral. It’s been great! *
by John88  (2020-05-31 07:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post