You are a good person.
by potatohouse (2020-05-30 20:53:51)

In reply to: Oh, my best estimation  posted by terramarirish

A thousand thanks for the effort. This is going on the list ASAP.

But first I’m gonna need some explanation for the rice. Is this a cousin to 2sheds chia seed sorcery?

Totally could be
by terramarirish  (2020-05-30 21:01:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The pimento seeds are a game changer, for sure. I honestly don’t know what the hell is going on with the rice. I don’t even remember what kind it’s supposed to be.

You’re very welcome - I’m glad you asked about it...we’ve got lots of strawberries coming in the garden and I’ve been wondering about drink recipes where we could use them...didn’t even think of the rum punch. Fresh homegrown limes are everywhere too. This one might have legs.

Well while I’m asking dumb questions...
by potatohouse  (2020-05-30 21:18:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Strawberry syrup? Meaning like cooking strawberries down with sugar and water etc homemade? Or buying a jar of topping you’d put on a sundae? (were you a communist who didn’t like hot fudge...)

Embrace the grossest option (link)
by Dr Muppet  (2020-05-30 21:41:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have zero shame in saying that
by potatohouse  (2020-05-30 23:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoy a good strawberry milk.

I think you meant to say strawby milk. *
by Bluntschli  (2020-05-31 13:26:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nah, no worries
by terramarirish  (2020-05-30 21:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This some capitalist shit here. Maybe not effective capitalists- Jamaica ain’t exactly a global economic power...but, it’s not commie. Now, if it was Cuban...

Anyway, yeah the consistency of the finished product is pretty thin - like Hawaiian Punch.

Totally not a dumb question- I was just wondering the same thing. I’ve honestly never made the proper version, just drink it when the neighbors bring my parents a bottle at Christmas.

Anyway, I wouldn’t imagine that the syrup itself is super thick, although it’ll get diluted with the lime juice, rum and water. Here’s a link to a recipe I’ll probably use when I make mine. The straining step at the end, I think, should get the consistency where it needs to be.