The TPC Harding Park course is beautiful
by Endthecursein05 (2020-08-07 11:45:24)

I can only see it on TV, yet it looks amazing. Since it is a public course, anyone on here play it before? I have yet to visit the state California, but when I do, I would like to find a way to get there.

Played Arcadia Bluffs on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. The views are spectacular, and the course is a real challenge. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great course in MI. Play Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor, and then drive 4 hours further north and play there as well.

I'm headed to Arcadia Bluffs in September and
by chicos bail bonds  (2020-08-07 15:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looking forward to it. I've played Harbor Shores a few times and honestly, I have very mixed thoughts on it. It's a beautiful course and very challenging. However, I can't help but get very frustrated trying to play it at times. The greens are a little too tricked up for my taste. I'm a 9 handicap. I would be a better golfer but I'm not a great ball striker with irons. And at Harbor Shores, if you are not in the right spot on the greens, it's a litany of three putts. I try to get there once a year and that's about enough for me. It's not cheap either - although in Northern Indiana it becomes easy to be spoiled with nice courses at a reasonable price.

It's okay.
by 528 Flanner  (2020-08-07 15:38:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I played it several times before is was converted to a TPC course and a few times after. Condition is much better now and it was substantially modified and lengthened for the PGA. Not a terribly memorable layout though. I prefer the courses at Half Moon Bay in the area.

American Dunes in Grand Haven
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-08-07 14:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will open next spring and is going to be spectacular.

Arcadia Bluffs is my happy place.
by johnnysalami  (2020-08-07 12:41:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The course, the food, the service, the seclusion. Just awesome.

Going to Forest Dunes next weekend. Haven't been before, but it should be great.

Played Arcadia last week. It's stunning right now.
by doug dascenzo  (2020-08-07 16:02:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looking forward to construction on the 12th being complete, though.

Construction on the 12th?
by Johnnysalami  (2020-08-08 08:51:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Constructing a barrier to prevent patrons from whacking a ball into the lake?

Forest Dunes is amazing
by miamioh_irishfan  (2020-08-07 14:23:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's been a couple years since I was there, so I haven't played the Loop, but it looks incredible.

I get there about 3-4x per year
by mitquinn  (2020-08-07 11:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re pretty blessed to choose between: Harding, Half Moon Bay, Pasatiempo, anything in Monterey/Carmel.

The best value we get is the NCGA ownership of Poppy Hills and Poppy Ridge. I can get on at Poppy Hills for $80-85 bucks.

I did an NCGA rate day at Spyglass a few years back. They absolutely stacked the tee times and we were out there for 6.5 hours. Not a bad place to be stuck on a course though.

Spyglass Hill is the toughest course I have ever played.
by Slotts  (2020-08-07 13:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have played Half Moon Bay, Spanish Bay as well.

Agree
by mitquinn  (2020-08-07 13:26:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hardest course I’ve played in the US.

The biggest physical ass kicking on a course for me happened on the new course at St. Andrews.

I have not gotten there yet. I hope to soon. *
by Slotts  (2020-08-07 13:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've played it.
by Tex Francisco  (2020-08-07 11:53:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wasn't a huge fan of the front 9, but I really liked the back 9. I know for tournaments and other big events they do some pretty significant course alterations, including changing the ordering of the holes, so I suspect it has a very different feel for tournaments.