Maybe if the rest of the population would wear masks and
by No Right Turn on Red (2020-08-07 12:31:14)

In reply to: Doesn't really matter. It is now vaccine or bust for a good  posted by Steelhop

practice proper social distancing instead of pursuing selfish actions, we wouldn't need to wait for a vaccine. You know, sort of like how the rest of the world is managing re-opening right now even without a vaccine.

True story.
by mocopdx  (2020-08-07 12:45:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oregon, since Gov Brown instituted the mask rule statewide, has seen our graph level off and our new cases are the same as they were in the two weeks prior to the mask rule. To be clear, "the same" is a good thing, not an indictment. With reopening you should expect an exponential rise, not a level off. We didn't close anything the last two weeks, we just required masks everywhere.

Going east of 82nd is rough though
by ravenium  (2020-08-07 13:03:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was an interesting article on housing density, economic hardship, and covid the other day. I tend to forget that Portland still continues for nearly another 100 blocks.

I read that, interesting indeed.
by mocopdx  (2020-08-07 13:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually make it out past 82nd quite a bit- lots of good road biking out there. It's pretty crazy how quickly it shifts to looking poor, for lack of a better term. There is a decent amount of good food out there. Really good carts in spots.