That’s how I learned alfalfa can do bad things to cows. *
by The Holtz Room (2020-08-09 23:56:51)

In reply to: I need to watch it, but I am afraid to  posted by Jeash

This user did not provide content for this post

by Moff  (2020-08-10 08:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he sang "I'm in the mooood for love" cows knew *
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-08-10 11:59:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heh. *
by doolinbanjos  (2020-08-10 11:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well played *
by The Holtz Room  (2020-08-10 11:31:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I laughed. *
by Bluntschli  (2020-08-10 10:01:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or it’s the base for everything I feed my milk cows.
by 3rdSt  (2020-08-10 00:44:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But, yeah, under the right conditions, cows can absolutely gorge and bloat on it.

FWIW, I’ve never watched the show, but have a lot of friends who ranch and love it.

I enjoy the show. It’s probably the only one CE doesn’t
by The Holtz Room  (2020-08-10 01:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

possess a working knowledge of that I do.

3rd street the dairy by my house had to sell it’s cows
by Del Griffith  (2020-08-10 01:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On Riggs and Higley for more developers (would be nice if they put a bar on my corner). Did you buy any ? All my neighbors Myself included are sad to see it go.

We did end up with some of their heifers.
by 3rdSt  (2020-08-10 02:09:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The owner of that herd was a fruitcake, as most raw milk dairyfarmers are, and I have some concerns about the health of the heifers I bought because they’ve never been vaccinated. We’ll see how that goes.

We knew the original builders of that dairy well, as they were part of our co-op, but when they left, it fell into some strange ownership changes. I suppose it’s sad to see it go, but it’s closing the same time as my and my neighbors dairies in Mesa. Once the farmland goes, it’s hard to keep an isolated dairy farm going.