Your second paragraph is incorrect. We did it too.
by ChicagoWave03 (2020-11-24 15:08:15)

In reply to: Unfortunately our Chicago Catholic school was one of a  posted by airborneirish

And I am equally frustrated, though we didn't get the data on teachers opting to travel that you seem to have received.

Our communication wasn't even that the Archdiocese forced us to, but rather the administration chose to based on the parent responses.

Odd. Do you have the list somewhere.
by airborneirish  (2020-11-24 15:53:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also we were furnished with the data once parents began to raise hell about the late notification and decision. Our principal told us we were one of 30 schools out of 400 archdiocese schools to do this. EDIT: Apparently it's 30 out of 162 schools.

There has been a communication issue and your post isn’t surprising. We are at ICSJ in old town.

No, I don't have the list unfortunately. I just know we are
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-11-24 16:16:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that was at least responsive to the complaints that you got your survey data. I haven't even gotten a response to the note I sent on Sunday, nor have the other parents that I know who also protested the decision.

We're at SBPS in North Center, and I have nothing but praise for the school's efforts since March until the decision this weekend. I know Sacred Heart (non-diocesan but following Archdiocesan guidelines for the most part) is staying in person.

Also - we are actually keeping the PK open 4 days a week, and only going remote for K-8.

Were at FXW remote until January 19th. *
by wpkirish  (2020-11-24 16:35:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Timely article in the Tribune
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-11-24 16:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After a fall surge of coronavirus infections, more Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic schools will temporarily transition to e-learning next week.

Catholic elementary schools were scheduled to shift to remote learning for two weeks at the beginning of next year, but “escalating COVID-19 rates within the general population” prompted the Office of Catholic Schools to modify its original plan, spokesman Manuel Gonzales said.

The decision also comes after the archdiocese surveyed stakeholders at all 162 schools in Cook and Lake counties to measure their comfort with in-person learning during the holiday season.

The survey measured parent satisfaction, preference for in-person or remote learning, and stress and workload considerations among teachers, Gonzales said.

“The results were that 80% of the schools needed no, or minimal, alteration of our current procedures,” he said. “The other 20% were candidates for more extensive adjustments, and it is for those schools we will be constructing individual (virtual learning) plans.”

The archdiocese will work with the 20% of schools that will transition to remote learning, and those schools should have their plan defined by Wednesday, archdiocese officials said. Officials from the archdiocese did not identify which schools those are.

This adjustment comes as educators continue to try to figure out how best to proceed with in-person and remote learning amid a pandemic.

Most public school systems in the Chicago area decided to continue with remote learning this fall or opened their buildings for limited in-person classes. Chicago Public Schools has remained remote since the March statewide schools shutdown but aims to begin bringing students back in January.

However, schools in the Chicago Archdiocese opened full time, with safety measures in place and remote learning options for parents who were not comfortable with their children returning to the classroom.

That survey
by HTownND  (2020-11-24 21:04:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was some hot garbage.

I completely agree and that underpinned my whole complaint
by ChicagoWave03  (2020-11-24 21:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As has been demonstrated, polling is terribly inaccurate. And the way those questions were phrased was completely misleading and, I believe, lead to inaccurate conclusions based on faulty responses.

St Bens is going virtual I know *
by tqm96  (2020-11-24 16:01:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post