Immaculate Conception Saint Joseph
by airborneirish (2020-11-24 17:21:33)
Edited on 2020-11-24 17:37:19

In reply to: what school, if you care to share? *  posted by ACross

We're an understanding lot but getting this dumped on us last Friday, less than one week before Thanksgiving was a bit rude. This is not a news flash and we are paying tuition to attend the school.

Further, it's not appropriate that decision hinged on the teachers going out of state for Thanksgiving. First, the families all signed an agreement pledging to comply with rules to limit the chance of this happening. We have complied and part of that was celebrating Thanksgiving at home in isolation. Second, it's against CDC guidelines for these teachers to travel, but the school is condoning this behavior. It is not appropriate that the reason we are going remote is that teachers are flaunting the guidance.

distilled down: our kids are going remote because the teachers are acting in bad faith. Further, it's shocking the school solicited the opinions of teachers rather than controlling their behavior. I'm not an employment law guru but I don't think it's out of bounds to require that teachers comply with CDC guidelines in the employment agreement.

Now there is going to be tension between the parents and teachers and that is very disappointing. This is all whinging on my part. I would rather just take the kids out of school at this point given how poorly elearning has gone for my one son and how much of a hassle .

Replies: