Before just blaming MAGA, it's a racial/ethnic reticense too
by NDoggie78 (2021-08-02 12:15:24)

In reply to: Can we require vaccines to enter the hospital?  posted by mocopdx

Almost every conservative I know who believe in MAGA and are not idiots, have been vaccinated.

There are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum

I live in a very progressive county that
by Steelhop  (2021-08-02 13:09:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

went 75% for Biden in November. Here is an article from the local blog post from last week breaking down vaccination rates. And it is sort of interesting that Black and White demographics have a comparable vaccination rate. One of the reason I suspect is that a large percentage of the white population falls into that post-college living along the Orange line and doesn't feel the need or urgency to get vaccinated.

And age. *
by beancounter  (2021-08-02 12:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is my fault, but this is better fit for the PBR. *
by mocopdx  (2021-08-02 12:20:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or limit the descriptor of non-vaccinated to just idiots
by NDoggie78  (2021-08-02 12:47:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That fits no matter their political inclinations, otherwise I agree with your argument with the caveat that others have pointed out - don't want to overwhelm the health system

Agree. Neither side of the aisle has a monopoly on stupid. *
by CAFB4ND  (2021-08-02 13:00:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you are right it should be noted that there are many
by DBCooper  (2021-08-02 12:55:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the left who are anti vax as well, the larger percentage still sits on the right side of the political spectrum

See figure 1 of attached link.

Obviously these numbers could be changing with the recent bump up in vaccinations.