You should think about purchasing park tickets now.
by BottleofRed (2021-08-02 13:22:54)

In reply to: Acadia National Park recommendations  posted by melanzana

A number of popular national parks have started limiting how many tickets they allot per day in order to manage crowds. You should be able to buy a pass 60 days prior to your visit and I would highly recommend that since it's peak leaf season.

I don't have any specific dining recommendations other than to have lobster and blueberry pie. Watching the sunrise on Cadillac Mountain is very cool and I'm not a morning person.

We have a lifetime pass to the National Parks. Would they
by 1978Irish  (2021-08-02 14:27:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not let us in if they sold too many day passes?

They have their own reservation system. *
by ndstein04  (2021-08-02 17:06:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know.
by BottleofRed  (2021-08-02 14:46:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would check just to make sure. The other thing at Acadia is that they are issuing timed entry passes to drive up to Cadillac Mountain. If they still have that in place next June when we're going, we'll just hike up instead.