That'll get people into Walgreens
by El Kabong (2021-08-02 15:05:38)

In reply to: Because if they haven't had it and transmitted it ...  posted by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy

"Yeah, we know you've finally gotten off the fence and you're doing the right thing, but you still suck and we still will shame you."

Fair point.
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy  (2021-08-02 15:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"You have knuckled under now that the consequences of your childish behavior have been made clear to you by the fresh graves of other Americans who were doing the same stupid thing.

But I know you need your feelings to be taken care of, because if there's one thing that a proud freedom-loving American can't handle, it's regret. So good job getting your shot, champ. You sure were a brave boy, and don't you worry yourself one little bit about your dead neighbors. They're all gone now, and you don't suck."

Right
by El Kabong  (2021-08-02 16:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

God forbid we abandon any chance to look down on our neighbors.

I, OTOH, convinced one of my non-vaxing friends to get their first shot Saturday. That makes five of them in the last two months. I found that patience and a distinct lack of smarmy self-righteousness went a very long way to getting the job done. Which, after all, is the point.

May not do much to the numerator, but it's better than nothing.

Is there a particular message/ argument that has been
by enduff  (2021-08-03 08:02:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most effective when persuading your friends?

Do you know how many people I can dart in two months?
by Molly Maguires  (2021-08-03 07:56:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give me a fire team of Marines we’ll have this fixed in a month.

Let me choose those Marines myself it’ll be a couple weeks