Any insight on contesting a StubHub charge?
by shotgun (2021-10-13 12:00:16)

I was incorrectly stuck with a charge resulting from selling tickets on StubHub. I can't find any way to appeal or fight the charge. The only contact info I can find is the general number for StubHub, which I've called and remained on hold for more than an hour before hanging up.

Does anyone know a way to challenge the charge?

Call early, deal with waiting on hold
by schmendel  (2021-10-14 11:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The pandemic absolutely killed them and drastically reduced staff. It was a perfect storm that damn near killed them. Cancellations & refunds skyrocketed killing them monetarily and coupled with the increased workload that creates. Their customer service has greatly suffered as a result.

I agree with below. Call early, be willing to wait on hold. They REALLY value customer loyalty, so if you have a history with them, they'll try to make it right because they don't want to lose you to TM resale or Seat Geek or the like.

I've sold a lot of tix with them and only a few times have had the buyer report issues and try to screw me over. Customer service has always made me whole. Back when they used to have the chat function, that was always my method, but it appears they just don't have the manpower for it right now.

I went through this for a week after the Wiscy game
by sluredandstumbly  (2021-10-13 20:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually spent over 7 hours on calls/hold with them trying to get refunded for tickets that never arrived. It was insane. I finally got a competent human who fixed everything in less than 30 minutes. He was the fourth agent I spoke to over the course of the week. The others couldn't have cared less, and merely told me that I couldn't receive a refund "per policy". I also referenced a couple of veiled threats the attached article mentions. I don't know if that made any difference, but it can't hurt. Good luck. I'll never use them again.

Call immediately after their line opens at 8:00 ET
by Boston Domer (click here to email the poster)  (2021-10-13 15:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They seem to have taken down their live chat and have removed their support email from the site.

I waited on hold for about 50 minutes when I called around 8:45, but I was able to get a $360 charge reversed easily once I got through.

If you have evidence of trying to contact StubHub, your credit card will likely take your side and reverse the charge, but you'll be banned from the platform and you still won't get the money from your sale.

If you have any specific questions, you can email me.

Ran into the same issue
by jtnd05  (2021-10-13 15:19:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stubhub has zero customer service. I bought tickets that were denied at the venue. After many attempts to reach stubhub, I disputed the charges through my credit card company. Was issued a refund, but stubhub closed my account.

Rumor has it twitter and direct tweets can work
by baronbutler  (2021-10-13 13:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't done it myself but on a band specific facebook page I have heard that Twitter is the best course of action for Ticketmaster and Stubhub.

That has not been effective in my recent experience *
by Boston Domer  (2021-10-13 15:42:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the charge was assessed against a credit card
by MCB  (2021-10-13 12:31:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe challenge the charge with your credit card company?

Otherwise, sue everybody. Punitive damages.

I believe StubHub's official policy for customer service
by potatohouse  (2021-10-13 12:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is to provide no clarification, no possible avenue for pursuing clarification, and in the event that you find a way to Mission Impossible your way through their Fuck Off forcefield, no remedy whatsoever for your problem.

A carful of suburban teenagers driving their mom's XC90 into the hood to try crack for the first time, only to discover on the way back that the bag had been shorted would have a better chance of being made whole than a poor soul like you in your noble fight against a ticket broker.

I'm very sorry.

Did you get drunk watching the Dodgers game too? *
by kellykapowski  (2021-10-15 09:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that is why you are highlighted *
by ndaero93  (2021-10-13 12:44:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post