Interesting Op-Ed from South Africa on pandemic measures (link)
by sprack (2022-01-24 11:46:18)
Edited on 2022-01-24 11:50:35

Principally how to de-escalate and why. The authors are infectious disease experts from the top universities in the country.

It sounds like they have tighter restrictions than we do currently.

I have no idea if they’re right or wrong, just throwing this out there for discussion purposes, and I think we’ll have similar “conversations” in this country as the omicron wave subsides.

Did Dr. Livingston personally give you that information? *
by Frank Drebin  (2022-01-24 13:43:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s quite a presumption *
by sprack  (2022-01-24 14:40:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the record, I see what you did there. Well played. *
by Marine Domer  (2022-01-24 15:28:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. I was gonna ask “Hello, is this mic on?” *
by sprack  (2022-01-24 17:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just keep bowling while I keep setting up the pins for you *
by Frank Drebin  (2022-01-24 20:26:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very interesting that the article states
by TWO  (2022-01-24 13:22:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No significant stress on the Health Care System. Doesn't seem to be the case in the US, I wonder why.

Omicron, a variant that causes many millions of infections (possibly infecting half the South African population), did not result in significant stress on the country’s health system through hospitalisations and excess deaths (see here).