Whatever my wife gets from Costco.
by GoldCoastIrish (2022-08-08 10:03:07)

In reply to: Is there a frozen pizza that's worth the money?  posted by volley

Put it on a pizza stone in our over and it's perfectly serviceable.

The 2 we like from Costco
by Brandon  (2022-08-08 11:06:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Motor City Pizza Co - it's Detroit style so it's thicker/fluffier style than your standard frozen cardboard disc. We get the double pepperoni 2-pack but it's the best tasting frozen pizza I've personally had.

Interestingly enough, the Kirkland Brand cauliflower crust supreme (I know, I know) is another one we really like and eat fairly often.

The kids really only like plain Cheese but we find their options on that front to be mediocre. We thought the Kirkland Cheese 3-pack sucked which was surprising and there's a gluten free 4-cheese brand called Sabbatasso's that we tried and it has good flavor but the texture of the GF crust leaves a lot to be desired from our view.

Seconded on the Motor City Pizza. *
by Irishlala  (2022-08-08 11:15:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hot served pizza at Costco is really good, only $2 a slice *
by discNDav  (2022-08-08 10:14:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Costco has the best frozen gluten-free pizza I've added.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2022-08-08 12:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not the plain cheese one, but the fancier one.

The $1.50 dog and a soda are amazing. *
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-08-08 10:56:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cant believe you eat there
by DBCooper  (2022-08-08 11:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not because the food sucks, I have no opinion, but the last thing I want to do after shopping at Costco is stick around for a quick bite. I want to get out of there as fast as I can, like I stole something.

It's good with 3 kids in tow
by TCIrish03  (2022-08-08 16:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

most of my summer Saturdays have consisted of:

-take kids to gym/pool in the morning. Drop them in learn & play while I workout, then take them to the pool for a couple hours while my wife gets a breather.
-Go to Sam's (the only Costco in town is 45 min away, while Sam's is 5 min, but same diff) for gas. Let them wash my windows.
-Shop at Sam's for food and booze for the evening's firepit. Usually it's a quick trip w/ only a few items.
-By now it's after lunchtime and the pizza slices are yuge, and the kids love it.

It's like 5 mins.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-08-08 13:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I'm fueling up for the rest of the trip, because Costco comes after dropping stuff off at the dump, but before I hit Home Depot.

Costco is fine, just gotta be the first one in, and skip breakfast so the hot dog is more enjoyable.

I fully agree
by nd06seattle09  (2022-08-08 11:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a Costco shopper, but I do not like the person I become after finishing up there.

It is pretty streamlined. Adds maybe 5 mins to the trip
by TAR  (2022-08-08 11:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grab it to go and eat it in the car on my drive home.

Why not just load up on the samples? *
by Marine Domer  (2022-08-08 11:34:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I generally don't partake in those
by TAR  (2022-08-08 12:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what really slows things down. I try to get in /out right at opening before they are sampling

It's a functional trip for me...not a daylong excursion

A taste sensation *
by ACross  (2022-08-08 11:07:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably too ethnic for you *
by ocnd  (2022-08-08 11:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Concur. *
by Manor76  (2022-08-08 10:57:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post