I cant believe you eat there
by DBCooper (2022-08-08 11:10:08)

In reply to: The $1.50 dog and a soda are amazing. *  posted by GoldCoastIrish

not because the food sucks, I have no opinion, but the last thing I want to do after shopping at Costco is stick around for a quick bite. I want to get out of there as fast as I can, like I stole something.

It's good with 3 kids in tow
by TCIrish03  (2022-08-08 16:32:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

most of my summer Saturdays have consisted of:

-take kids to gym/pool in the morning. Drop them in learn & play while I workout, then take them to the pool for a couple hours while my wife gets a breather.
-Go to Sam's (the only Costco in town is 45 min away, while Sam's is 5 min, but same diff) for gas. Let them wash my windows.
-Shop at Sam's for food and booze for the evening's firepit. Usually it's a quick trip w/ only a few items.
-By now it's after lunchtime and the pizza slices are yuge, and the kids love it.

It's like 5 mins.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-08-08 13:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I'm fueling up for the rest of the trip, because Costco comes after dropping stuff off at the dump, but before I hit Home Depot.

Costco is fine, just gotta be the first one in, and skip breakfast so the hot dog is more enjoyable.

I fully agree
by nd06seattle09  (2022-08-08 11:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a Costco shopper, but I do not like the person I become after finishing up there.

It is pretty streamlined. Adds maybe 5 mins to the trip
by TAR  (2022-08-08 11:16:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grab it to go and eat it in the car on my drive home.

Why not just load up on the samples? *
by Marine Domer  (2022-08-08 11:34:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I generally don't partake in those
by TAR  (2022-08-08 12:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's what really slows things down. I try to get in /out right at opening before they are sampling

It's a functional trip for me...not a daylong excursion