Thanks. Done all that before.
by Freight Train (2022-11-28 12:39:45)

In reply to: humble suggestion  posted by irishrock

And enjoyed every part of it. I'm coming around to the notion that Belfast is just too far in the time available.

well, do it again
by irishrock  (2022-11-28 13:19:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm kind of being sarcastic and kind of being serious.

What's really cool is that you can't go wrong with anything you do over there. I'm heading over for golf this next June...but someday, I'll be heading up to the NW part of Ireland and exploring those areas and playing some golf as well.

Despite my handle, those are my people up there.
by doolinbanjos  (2022-11-28 15:40:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have family in Letterkenny, Rathmullen, Buncrana and various other places in Donegal.

I think we already discussed golf up there.

Ballyliffin, Rosapenna, and Portsalon are good links courses. We play a few local courses as well (with family that are members). They aren't really worth going out of your way.

Hard to go broke golfing up there unless your heart is set on Portrush.

I think I might! *
by Freight Train  (2022-11-28 13:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post