Allow me one rant
by GoIrish! (2019-04-27 12:51:21)
Edited on 2019-04-27 12:55:08

I try not to be negative, but I have to say this, and I'll take criticism from anyone who disagrees, without comment
1) Base running, not a surprise to anyone who follows ND BB, but there is a difference between aggressive base running and poor, it has haunted us for years
2)When to pull a pitcher, pitcher myself in college, coached 25 yeas of high school ball, I realize we don't have a great bullpen, but however in the 7th inning whey your pitcher is over 100 pitches and has just walked two batters, you leave in him with bases loaded to face the teams best hitter, no?
3)Hitting, I'm telling you we don't have bad hitters, the biggest thing I see which I preached everyday and went over hitting situations, is what to look for in a certain count. Our hitters seem absolutely clueless when they go to the plate. Every count dictates what you are looking for, you might not get it, you might get fooled. But I have never seen a team with so many weak swings. When I have a 2-0 count and I'm swinging late on a fastball it tells me that kid is not aggressive or not anticipating the count. Every count our kids were not only looking for a specific pitch but location. If it s 2-0 and he throws a four seam on the outside part of the plate it's ok to take that if I'm a inside hitter or I am looking for something over the plate. The number of continual weak swings we have is unbeliveble. We get cheated so many times at the plate because we are being aggressive but being defensive at the plate. The number of 1st pitch gut fast balls we take is a prime example, along with the continuous number of weak fly balls we pop upThat's it I'll shut up