I am just glad there is a chance to have success again.
by hibernianangst (2019-07-14 22:21:02)
Edited on 2019-07-15 15:02:37

In reply to: Based on a couple of puff pieces light on facts? *  posted by garbageplate

Link Jarrett did play at a successful program and has slowly moved up the coaching ranks. He should have existing recruiting contacts in the South and Southeast. His history indicates he is a hard worker who had to work for any success he achieved as a player and coach. I don't anticipate he will make excuses. He is without a doubt an improvement from Aoki.

Certainly giving him a chance, but not overly excited
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-07-15 14:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't like the process used (Swarbrick didn't even bother to be involved until a certain point it seems....tells me it wasn't high on the priority list), as he passed it to his assistant, and I just don't see that his resume indicates that success is positively around the corner.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, and coaching hires are usually a gamble, but this one seems like a bigger one than I hoped for (not that I wanted Aoki back).