I thought there was a game w/ WMU this evening? Did
by Jaxdulac (2021-04-06 20:54:00)

something happen to postpone the game or was I simply inventing things to begin with?

I think that is in softball. *
by 2Domer  (2021-04-07 13:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND needs more OOC weekday games
by TerryD  (2021-04-07 08:29:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The ACC had approved a 50 game season, with 36 conference games and 14 non-conference games.

With Covid wiping out the first 3 non-conference games, ND is well short of 50 scheduled games right now.

(I count 42 scheduled games....if none rained out)

Seems silly. Most OOC games have been regional
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2021-04-07 09:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Save for the rare appearance by LSU, or some other power conference member most games are the likes of Michigan, MSU, Valpo, UIC, Toledo, etc. So, why not follow that same scheduling model to get to 50 games this year? None of those require overnight stays by the road team, as they are 3-4 hour bus rides each way.

I looked at that same thing yesterday, and I simply don't understand why ND is not scheduling more games to enhance its resume, unless its simply about saving money.....would that surprise anyone here?

If they're serious about hosting a regional, wouldn't 5 or 6 more wins look good on the resume?

Saving arms for ACC series? Kidding. No idea. *
by TerryD  (2021-04-07 17:22:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has to be money----both ND and other schools
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2021-04-08 12:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With athletic budgets already decimated by the pandemic, and a non-revenue sport with zero attendance allowed, I think we have to assume that ND is being conservative in scheduling, but I think that the MAC/directional schools that ND would normally host on these weekday games are in even more dire straits than ND, and it's probably not close.

Even the bus ride/meals/etc. have to be killers for Toledo, the Michigan schools/etc. especially if ND is not paying them to come.

Of course, ND could have looked to schedule larger, more competitive schools like MSU, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue, OSU, Cincinnati, Northwestern, etc. Unless the Big 10 is not allowing OOC games?

I don’t believe big ten playing out of conference games *
by mrock90  (2021-04-08 12:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

According to the schedule on und.com
by TWO  (2021-04-07 07:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

no midweek game was scheduled for this week. Ga.Tech this weekend and then a midweek game next week with Central Michigan.

Right. But I believe it once was. If you click on
by Jaxdulac  (2021-04-07 08:13:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Click Here for Latest Schedule" link at top of this web page, WMU is listed for 4/6/21, and I think originally, ND Nation simply copied over the schedule from UND. I just hadn't heard when or why it was cancelled.

Probably was a typo on someone's part
by El Kabong  (2021-04-08 11:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The game scheduled was a softball game, and someone probably entered it into the baseball schedule by mistake, and then corrected the mistake at some point.

I remember seeing it on the schedule. *
by Slotts  (2021-04-07 10:43:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post