13-0 UNC Final (7 inning run rule)
by garbageplate (2024-04-12 20:20:45)

Good job.

Looks like we made the right decision to skip this.
by BottleofRed  (2024-04-12 21:04:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watching one loss per season is sufficient.

As an aside, I found Aoki. He's the head coach at Richmond. My son is thinking about going to a camp there. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

One of my son's friends went last summer
by jt  (2024-04-16 11:44:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Waste of time.

Thanks for the feedback!
by BottleofRed  (2024-04-16 12:30:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the most expensive camp he was thinking about so I'm happy to skip it. He'll probably go to one at JMU because theirs is during a dead week for football.

Unless he likes Richmond, I’d skip it
by mrock90  (2024-04-14 11:39:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s not a good coach

He was the OVC coach of the year at Morehead State
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2024-04-12 21:20:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which is what scares me about Stiffler. You see guys struggle a lot in the power 5 that can do well in the lower levels. Sure is starting to look like that at ND. Hope I'm wrong.

at the lower levels you really can get a talent advantage
by jt  (2024-04-17 14:06:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

develop a relationship with some juco programs, get a few higher level bounce backs, get some high school late developer types, etc.

You get to the ACC or the SEC or a major conference, the talent evens out and while those relationships are still important it's even more important to make the right decisions from a gameday, staff, and strategy perspective. Much harder to just out talent teams, even for the North Carolina's of the world.

Sadly, I don't think you're wrong *
by GOLDENEIL  (2024-04-15 07:16:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bottoming out. That is atrocious
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2024-04-12 20:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know it's only his 2nd year, but come on. They're 0-10 and largely uncompetitive on the road

Not even two years removed from Omaha
by garbageplate  (2024-04-13 09:30:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the program is a complete embarrassment.

And Jarrett has FSU just outside the Top 5 in year two.
by Queensman  (2024-04-16 13:12:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know its Florida St., but that program was decidedly average when he took over.

Did we expect anything different? I sure didn’t
by Leo203  (2024-04-16 16:35:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Elite coach that happened to fall into NDs lap.

This all on Swarbrick IMO *
by mrock90  (2024-04-14 10:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed *
by garbageplate  (2024-04-14 11:53:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More money and effort was put into protective netting
by mrock90  (2024-04-14 12:53:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Around baseball field than has been put into program

Which is a damn shame really.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-14 14:54:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There’s enough baseball talent willing to make Notre Dame their choice that there’s no reason that we should be as bad as we are.