Radek must be hurt
by jt (2024-04-14 16:55:58)

the pitching staff is really not doing well and he hasn't pitched in a while.

I know that Tinney is likely out for the year, but has anyone seen anything on Radek?

No. What’s wrong with Tinney? *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-14 18:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hurt his throwing shoulder *
by jt  (2024-04-14 21:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks. *
by 2Domer  (2024-04-14 22:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

keeping him healthy is going to be tough
by jt  (2024-04-15 14:37:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's had a variety of injuries over the years; the throwing shoulder might be a recurrence of an injury he had last year as a senior when he missed about 3 weeks after he ran into a teammate during a baserunning drill. But I believe he's had hip and other shoulder injuries as well.

The injury last year might have actually led to him matriculating at ND, as he would have considered signing had he been drafted. If not for his injuries, he might have been. Very talented guy, and a good teammate. I hope that he can stay healthy as he'll be a real asset these next few years.

I'm very concerned about Radek. He's pretty short but he throws really hard, and that doesn't always lead to the best of mechanics.

and apparently he's playing today
by jt  (2024-04-16 17:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so I guess he's not out for the year.

That's odd, as my source on that was excellent.

He hit a Grand Slam in the game. *
by hibernianangst  (2024-04-22 08:44:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, that was a few games later
by jt  (2024-04-22 21:39:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But yeah, he tried to play through it.

From what I understand, he probably won't any longer. Different injury now.

Wondering too. Dennies must be hurt as well??
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2024-04-14 19:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He hasn't pitched since early on, when I thought he got pulled from the rotation because he was getting rocked... but I guess not?

Whatever. There's no excuse for being 2-16 in the ACC.

Bad decisions have exacerbated the pain. He blew games late by giving the ball to guys who had not shown the ability to get anyone out. That had to kill any momentum you could've established.

The worst part is you brought in 9 transfers, and they're playing a major role. So, we should just assume next year is going to be somehow worse than this? Especially if guys like Moreno and Findlay bolt this sinking ship, it will be ugly as hell.

I was ok with the Stiffler hire. It was blessed by LJ (i believe), and followed the mold of his own hire.

But, it's currently a disaster, setting the program back years once again, like Schrage and Aoki.

It would break the ND way to cast him off after 2 years, but if the team quits on him down the stretch, as it appears, what else can you do.

As I said weeks ago, I'm impatient with bad coaching staffs as I get older. This is looking like a bad hire. Stiffler seemingly has no answers to turn this around. If this season keeps going south, what justifies giving him another year.