45 years
by IrishKnight (2018-10-17 07:40:33)

In reply to: I'm going to West Point Saturday for the Army/Miami of OH..  posted by ndmck

I was also at the 73 game, first ND game as well as Army. I've been back to West Point, at least once a year, since then.

The other posters have hit some high points as far as locations, we are hiking to Fort Putnam the day of the Air Force game.

One note, the parade is now 3 hrs before kickoff so they will march off at precisely 9am. Depending on your cruise, you may be tight on that window. From the parade, you can walk north to the Old Cadet Chapel and Post Cemetery. Interesting history there if you are into that sort of thing. As you walk up the hill to the stadium, the Cadet Chapel will be on your left.

As Moff posted, outside the stadium, they set up Black Knights Alley along the resevoir. They sell beer, wine, some food. There are bands, wall climbing, face painting for the kids. Mid morning, the team walks through.

Weather is looking better for Saturday, foliage should be turning and it could be a spectacular day - Enjoy!! We were up for Liberty and it was great, going back for AF and that always rocks the place.

Replies: