I truly think Michigan FB is held back by its culture of
by Tex Francisco (2018-12-10 10:37:34)

In reply to: Chase Winovich calls 62-39 humiliation to OSU a "mirage"  posted by Hanratty5ND

arrogance. They have no need to get better because they're already amazing, just ask them. If only they weren't so unlucky and the world didn't treat them so unfairly, they'd never lose. Let's hang a co-B1G East championship banner! Contrast that to Alabama who took a baseball bat to their NCAA runner up trophy.

So damn. true it’s funny and glorious *
by Newt  (2018-12-13 20:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Suddenly I am put in mind of Willingham, who “never had a
by 1NDGal  (2018-12-11 10:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bad day.” Those “blessed” enough to lack self-awareness have very happy lives.

Then they give interviews to John Saunders in which they all but state that ND is racist.

I would happily wear a "UM Co-Big Ten East Champs" shirt. *
by ND_Rumpus  (2018-12-10 15:05:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Living among them, I believe you are 100% correct. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2018-12-10 14:50:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or compare to Notre Dame...
by KevinG  (2018-12-10 13:23:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...who markets "Undefeated Regular Season" shirts.

Ahem, it's "uNDefeated" regular seasons *
by MackerelSnappingAnarchist  (2018-12-10 14:20:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. Look no further than the HOF post about Bo's funeral
by KevinPS  (2018-12-10 12:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It really does nail the Michigan football culture. I've lived here for 30 years and it's no longer surprising. Frankly, I saw the same sort of denial regarding the auto industry here: the foreign companies are cheating, next year's model will be better, etc.

Denial isn't a River in Egypt, it carries water to Flint.
by OITLinebacker  (2018-12-10 13:32:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for some reason East of East Lansing seems to have a river denial flowing into the lesser Detroit region.

I think you're 100% correct. *
by FL_Irish  (2018-12-10 11:02:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post