It's fine with me. It's possibly better than it used to be.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-01-20 22:18:28)

In reply to: The NFL's overtime rule sucks. *  posted by JWIrish

I do not want to see college rules enter the NFL at all in any way, shape, or form with jokey overtime games like LSU-Texas A&M. This is a variation of sudden-death. If you can't stop the other team from scoring a TD on the first drive, you don't deserve to win the game.

Mahomes led KC to 31 points in the second half ...
by JWIrish  (2019-01-20 22:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and watched the entire OT from the bench. Given the offenses and defenses, the outcome was determined by coin flip.

You know the first half counts, right? *
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-20 23:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reposting a tweet from a Football Outsiders writer.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-20 22:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, the Patriots didn't get to 40 but you get the idea: KC has a BAD defense.

No possibly about it
by Cheg80  (2019-01-20 22:21:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With range of today’s kickers, you pick up 35 yards and you are in very makable FG range. At least now, you have to go 75 to end it.

I was of the old school that thought the NFL got weak in the
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-20 22:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

knees when they made this change but I think it's a good compromise. I will object to any further changes to give the team initially on defense better odds.