NFL: New replay rule.
by TWO (2019-03-27 10:56:58)

I wonder if this will end up being a careful what you wish for situation or will it be good for the game and a big positive.

As a fan who gets to watch replay, and from different angles and all that you definitely get riled up when you see a missed call on your team, esp when it's a call that impacts the win/loss. So this makes a lot of sense to me, but then there is the calls that are let go in the spirit of let them play..when that "let them play" non-call goes for your team it's great..but are those going to be taken away?

Are we going to end up with more pass interference? I do like the ability of the coach to challenge the call though, obviously like other challenges you have to pick your spots. I just not sure I want every non-call or call reviewed.

For at least the 2019 season, pass interference -- both offensive and defensive -- will be reviewable. They are the first penalties in the history of the league's replay system to be added to the list of approved reviews. And for the first time, coaches will be able to challenge non-calls for pass interference.

The replay booth, in conjunction with the league's officiating office in New York, will initiate those challenges in the final two minutes of each half. Coaches will still be limited to two challenges per game, with a third awarded if they are successful on the first two.

Replies: