My interest in College Football is at an all-time low
by BuckeyeJohn05 (2019-05-17 08:42:14)
Edited on 2019-05-17 08:47:48

The passion has greatly decreased the last few years, and I don’t see this trend turning around.

Is this normal aging, or has the sport/culture changed too much ? I just don’t care, and it sorta sucks because College Football was one of few hobbies that really fired me up

You'll feel better...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-05-18 12:08:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when Urban Meyer miraculously rises up from his death bed to take the USC job next year.

Until then...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-05-18 12:13:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you can always be proud of the ethical and moral leadership that's always been the hallmark of The Ohio State University.

And yet you post on a board not dedicated to your team
by golfjunkie17  (2019-05-17 22:08:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you must’ve been a college football junkie before the detachment.

I used to be
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-05-18 10:39:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Part of me still is, but I haven't felt passionate about it for a long time.

hasn't been any fun for me since the 2016 election
by jt  (2019-05-21 16:11:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's just a bunch of kids throwing a ball around, after all.

Listening to the local sports talk radio today....
by BottleofRed  (2019-05-17 18:48:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were celebrating the ACC Network forcing football games to Friday nights and discussing how it's all about TV (money) and not fans. And I had the same realization as you. I just don't care that much anymore and it makes me a little sad.

Wake's first three games in 2019 are all Friday night games. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-05-18 16:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Friday Night Lights!
by SWPaDem  (2019-05-29 07:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's not to like?!!!

That’s a real primetime team right there. Appointment TV.
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-18 19:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good grief.

It's particularly fitting
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-05-18 20:15:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since Wake's home field is about the same size as a Texas high school stadium. I'm only half-joking.

Try lacrosse. A sport of the future. *
by jrdjr84  (2019-05-17 14:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You just need to hire Ty Willingham as HC
by Dennis  (2019-05-17 11:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to discover that there is a "low" far below your current state. Believe me, you have no idea.

Winning won’t change much
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2019-05-17 11:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have won plenty the past few years, and my interest level still declined. The wins are not memorable, and the losses don’t sting anymore

Well, believe me when I say I wasn't talking about winning.
by Dennis  (2019-05-17 16:40:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just try having your team line up against your bitterest rival and not even belonging on the field or even in the stadium several years in a row with only the shittiest of recruiting classes coming in. That will give you the major depressive episode you seem to think you're experiencing right now. If you've just lost some level of interest because, well, life over time brings perspective, then you need to find some true human interests involving children or other good causes. I wish you well in your search.

If winning isn't the problem, perhaps you have a
by NDTwice  (2019-05-17 13:36:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

more fundamental issue. Have you lost interest in other matters as well as ND football? Aging does sometimes bring about disengagement. One has to work at maintaining interest in life. It doesn't always just happen. Some things I have done include exercise, new activities, and interacting with my support systems more.

I feel the same way - for me part of it is the concussion
by boethius  (2019-05-17 08:47:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ignorance / denail of the NFL.