In other Packers news, I don’t think DeShone will make it
by 1NDGal (2019-08-23 12:57:41)

In reply to: Bad injury for E. St. Brown  posted by Bellcon

out of the preseason.

He basically lost them the game last night. 3 sacks totalling -22 yards, 4 for 7 for 24 yards, and then an INT that set up the Raiders’ winning FG in the last minute.

Dexter is hanging by a thread. They didn’t even try to throw to him; he had 27 yards on 11 runs.

Unfortunate for Williams
by carroll2005  (2019-08-24 17:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While he was an electrifying player to watch in college football, he had several things going against him for the NFL.

For one, too many of his big runs came simply by being the most athletic guy on the field. That's a recipe for success in college, but not in the NFL. The talent differential is so tight in the NFL.

For too, he was very feast or famine. ND despite a good rushing game, had a very low "success rate" - i.e. too many runs stopped for loss or next to no yardage.

A successful NFL back has to be able to keep grinding and turn those situations into 3ish yard gains and avoid negative plays.

GB released a running back today *
by trout  (2019-08-24 17:54:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Darrin Hall *
by 1NDGal  (2019-08-24 20:00:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

got to think it's a negative to play a lot in preseason
by irishrock  (2019-08-23 13:19:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you're any good, the coaches won't let you even suit up

Kizer's been very bad
by HScorpio  (2019-08-23 13:50:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was bad with the Browns. I know that needs to be graded on a massive curve because of how atrocious they were when he was with them.

But last year and so far this year he has looked lost. He has poor pocket presence, questionable decision making, and doesn't go through his progressions anywhere near quick enough. I like Kizer and wish him the best, but he's been outplayed by Boyle for the role of #2.