I went to 5th and 6th grade in Cincinnati
by Tex Francisco (2020-02-10 11:54:30)

In reply to: I’m pretty surprised.  posted by Freight Train

That was sufficiently long ago that my memory may be fuzzy, but I remember it being, much more than anything else, a pro sports city. UC basketball and Xavier basketball definitely had their followings, but the Reds and Bengals dominated the market. UC football and even Ohio State football were not big at all. This was during a down period of OSU football, so I'm sure it's different now.

I think it’s a pretty big college basketball city but
by beancounter  (2020-02-11 13:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

allegiances are split not only UC and Xavier but also UK and Louisville and even some IU.

There’s a lot more UC football interest now and Ohio State fans have come crawling out of the woodwork (while Bengals fans have crawled back into it.)

Quite right
by novadamer  (2020-02-10 18:33:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My daughter and son-in-law, both Buckeyes, live in the Cincinnati metro area now and they both comment how few OSU fans are there.

Cinncitucky. *
by golfjunkie17  (2020-02-11 21:11:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately, there are a lot of Buckeye fans here.
by beancounter  (2020-02-11 13:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Far fewer Buckeye necklaces than you would see in Columbus though.

i think it just depends on the company you keep...
by joeyg  (2020-02-10 23:52:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I live north of Cincinnati and I find alot of Buckeye fans in West Chester. I have to be the only OSU alum who flies a Notre Dame flag from Labor Day thru Thanksgiving.

This town likes their Bengals but loves their Reds and the local schools/universities are considerably down the list of fan favorites.

Buckeye by birth; Irish forever.