Eric Bieniemy is lead candidate for the job at Colorado *
by irishrock (2020-02-12 09:20:52)

In reply to: Colorado's Mel Tucker appears to be Spartan's new coach *  posted by jbrown_9999

This user did not provide content for this post

Sleeping with Bieniemy: The Ty Dettmer Story
by TAR  (2020-02-17 07:58:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Classic bookstore name

he's my age
by irishrock  (2020-02-17 16:18:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a couple of my high school teammates played in the old Big 8 and Bieniemy was the hardest/toughest guy to tackle in the conference. He's like 5'6" and was built like a brick shit house. One of my guys says that a hard tackle left him with "ice cream" head...meaning the feeling you get when you eat too much ice cream.

Those teams were good...and Notre Dame was better

I don't think so. Darin Chiaverini
by jt  (2020-02-12 10:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

anyone else (Bienemy included) will set the program back years.

Darin has been involved in recruiting and is a CU guy going back years (played there, coached there, etc.). He has a relationship with all the guys that have been there and everyone who just signed their LOI.

Even if it is just as an interim, it needs to be chev.

his uncle was a boxer in KC
by irishrock  (2020-02-12 13:29:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I went to a lot of his fights when I was a little kid (boxing used to be great)

He got his one shot against Sugar Ray Leonard...TKO at end of first round

Bieniemy would have to be a sentimental favorite. Played in the great era of the late 80's/early 90's, played under McCartney, played in Orange Bowl...name recognition ought to get him some play with recruits

Does Colorado recruit LA any longer...it seemed like 70% of the team back in that era hailed from LA

he was OC under Jon Embree
by jt  (2020-02-12 17:08:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it, uh.......didn't go very well.

His name has been mentioned. Truth is though, if they don't hire Chev they will set the program back years. He knows and recruited all the players and he is the face of recruiting. They will likely lose every verbal and will burn bridges almost anywhere.

If they pass on him, he'll likely leave and they had better have a home run lined up. Unless it is someone like Mike Shanahan, they should hire Chev.

Forgot to answer your question--yes, CU tries to recruit Southern Ca very hard. That was one of their big reasons for wanting to join the Pac 12.

quietly, I agree
by irishrock  (2020-02-12 20:56:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in KC, it's supposed to be all about Bieniemy getting a HC gig in the NFL...I don't know why, but I don't see it. Reid is known for running and calling the offense. I'm just unsure on what his influence in KC has been.

Peterson at Philly...done a nice job. Nagy in Chicago...reviews are VERY mixed to negative. As you and I both know, it's a QB league and if you have one, you'll look like a good HC...if you don't, you won't.

Well, he might get the job
by jt  (2020-02-12 23:35:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just think that it would be the wrong choice for both parties.