ot: jt
by irishrock (2020-02-19 18:07:49)

reading that Bieniemy pulled his name for CU HC search.

I'd be curious if you hear anything different. I was kind of hoping he'd take the job as our QB coach will be in demand and I was hoping he could take the OC job for KC

Karl Dorrell new Colorado coach
by jbrown_9999  (2020-02-26 09:48:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Per ESPN, Colorado officially named former Miami Dolphins assistant coach Karl Dorrell as their next coach.

yeah, I'd heard that
by jt  (2020-02-19 18:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

here's what I know, from a very well connected source--

Chev is out
Mora wants the job
Sarkissian is being pushed for the job by Saban but has some major baggage
Bielema is a top candidate but he has a huge offset and is still owed money by Arkansas so it might not be worth his while
They interviewed Calhoun (AFA coach) today and he is in play but many question the fit; doesn't like to kiss ass at alumni functions, basically

I think that's it. Had a few discussions today.

and now there's new news
by irishrock  (2020-02-19 23:29:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I contend Bieniemy needs to take a head coaching job at some point. He's 51ish and needs to steer the ship as captain.

With Bieniemy, the thug lurks just beneath the surface.
by BeijingIrish  (2020-02-29 09:10:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how many people in Boulder want him around. Twice was enough. In any case, he's still picking pieces of Stan Smagala's helmet out of his ribs.

And, who gives a shit? Only CU people think they matter. CU is destined to be a perennial PAC-12 doormat, maybe middling in some years. Their big game every year is the "rivalry" with Utah. Riveting.

100% true, all of it
by jt  (2020-03-01 11:02:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and it's kind of sad.

CU is a dead end job in a mediocre conference.

I'm hearing that Calhoun was offered the job
by jt  (2020-02-20 00:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not sure if he's accepted.

Announcement tomorrow.

I'm generally a fan of the Service Academies...
by TWO  (2020-02-20 10:46:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Troy has been pretty successful at USAFA. I hope he stays. I liked him when he was on Gary Kubiak's staff here with the Texans.

how could any program that respects itself pick Sark
by irishrock  (2020-02-19 21:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bieniemy is banking on a head coach job in the NFL in 2021...but he thought that this year.

I hear that he doesn't interview well...everything is just cliches and rah rah stuff. But Reid is pushing for him and he'll eventually get a chance.

I believe he should have taken the CU job (if offered) because college coaching did good things for Bill O'Brien and Matt Rhule's brand and eventually got each a well paying NFL gig.

good luck to 'em...I've always had ND #1 in my heart, but I did like them back when I was in college. They were extremely talented

it's a dead end long term job
by jt  (2020-02-20 00:44:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

really small time. Tucker is not a fool, he knew to get while the getting was good.

And it gives me no pleasure in saying so, for a variety of reasons that I won't get into on a public board. I wish that it weren't so. Whoever gets it, I hope that he gets it turned around.