2010 ND/MSU replay @ 9PM on ESPN2 tonight
by JACC1203 (2020-04-01 20:51:10)
Edited on 2020-04-01 23:35:37

For those who are fortunate enough to have forgotten, this is the "Little Giants" game.

Edit- I never noticed that the play clock expired before MSU's fake FG. Kelly was too busy shaking Dantonio's hand to at least point out the penalty to the refs.

10 years of this miserable ineptitude is more than anyone can deal with.

If I recall correctly, ND had the lead in the fourth quarter
by Camarillo Brillo  (2020-04-03 11:27:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Kelly kept calling for passes. Crist had a stretch where he threw incomplete after incomplete and ND kept giving the ball back over to MSU on down, no time was being used up. I believe this was a week after the Michigan loss and I was thinking Oh God we are so screwed with this guy.

We went up 28-21
by KeoughCharles05  (2020-04-06 16:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with 13:20 to go in the 4th. After going down 14-7 to start the second half, we had scored TDs on three straight drives, predominantly on the strength of the passing game.

We were up 7 points with the ball for one drive, featuring a run for no gain, and two incomplete passes. MSU tied the game up on the next drive.

On our ensuing drive, tied 28-28, we ran the ball four straight times, and Crist fumbled on a 4th down sneak play.

On the next drive, we started at our own 9 with 3:45 to go. Mixed in a draw play and 5 passes to advance 33 yards before punting on 4th & 1 from our own 42.

"I just don't know why you make that play call there."
by VT2ND  (2020-04-02 11:33:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Announcers on one of Brian Kelly's stupid play calls. Too bad that was a harbinger of things to come over the next ten years.

Stupid play call on 3rd down before ND field goal. *
by TripleDomer  (2020-04-01 22:55:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Somewhere, long ago, I read that Teo recognized the fake
by hometown fan  (2020-04-01 22:54:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was coming based on some sort of communication he saw an MSU player have who came on the field with a player who was already on the field. However, being a young player, and with his upbringing of being respectful to elders, he was too shy/hesitant to say anything to the upperclassmen.

Looked like Smith recognized it a little late
by SixShutouts66  (2020-04-02 12:20:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

MSU sent two players to his side, including the one who caught the ball. The first MSu player seemed to knock Smith down, helping free up the other guy.

Forgot how good Manti was.
by shillelaghhugger  (2020-04-01 22:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not forget how bad BK was.

Correction
by molecular  (2020-04-02 17:03:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your verb tense is incorrect or spellcheck autocorrected "is" to "was".