Rutgers closes campus until at least August 14th
by Steelhop (2020-04-04 09:55:30)

And moves all summer classes to online. This isn't that surprising but there are big implications with respect to college football. Rutgers 1st game is September 5th against Monmouth. With new rule changes for put in place to eliminate 2 a days but having 29 practices before the 1st game, most teams would start thier preseason camps up to 5 weeks before 1st game.

Obviously, this isn't a big issue in grand scheme of things but statrs to raise issues as to whether there will be a season.

everyone needs to settle down
by jt  (2020-04-05 00:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nobody knows anything yet, and certainly things can change.

Nothing will be restarting until and unless there is mass testing available, we should all be able to agree on that. If things settle down, testing is available, treatment is available, etc. that changes things.

We need to stop looking at every single little thing that happens now and try and extrapolate how that is going to relate to things 5 months from now.

Should’ve read your post before I threw rock at that window
by Frank Drebin  (2020-04-07 12:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My bad

Yeah, really?
by IrishKnight  (2020-04-05 22:02:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You see mass, quantified testing soon? If we are waiting on that, we are done. No way there is a way to do, and monitor that, in real time. I don’t see it. Enlighten me

stone. bankit. Out *
by jt  (2020-04-06 13:01:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreeance *
by Raoul  (2020-04-05 11:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. I was just passing the info on
by steelhop  (2020-04-05 09:53:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then doing some extrapolation to football.

I don’t think anyone would argue that schools(like Rutgers even with Schiano)/pro teams (e.g. Redskins) with new coaching staffs this spring will be behind trying to implementing and installing their new schemes and systems.

Clay Helton says they need four weeks *before*
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-04-04 18:03:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they start their practices.

Under their timeline, I don't see how Rutgers starts their schedule on time.

For Rutgers, skipping the practices might help! *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-04-04 19:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've been skipping them for 150 years. *
by Wooderson  (2020-04-07 15:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tradition Never Sleeps *
by Notra_Dahm  (2020-04-08 09:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post