Lot of good points made in this thread...
by nddad98 (2020-05-16 11:38:10)

In reply to: So if MLB, NFL, & NCAA open up play, will social distancing  posted by SWPaDem

but for me, seeing the fools who shout that they have a constitutional right to do this or that and ignore simple hygiene precautions that will prevent spread of the virus is what threatens all of us. You cannot fix stupid as is stated on these boards so often. And it is stupid to think that you have a constitutional right to spread a deadly virus to others when wearing a mask, washing you hands, social distancing, and the like can cut that risk to near zero.

My point is that in spite of the best efforts to intelligently conduct any activity safely, some dumbass dufus will shout out that he has a constitutional right to ignore whatever he wants to ignore and cannot be forced to comply. Yes, he has a right to be stupid and make a fool of him/her self...I wore the uniform and have been shot at and hit in order to PROTECT THAT FREEDOM...as dumb as THAT may sound, but no one has the right to knowingly and intentionally spread potentially lethal illnesses. The actions as well as intelligence of humanity represent a bell curve from insanely stupid and gross to unbelievably intelligent and refined. It is amazing how proud people are to exist at both ends.

However, I like the efforts to promote the playing of college football in the Fall. It would certainly be a huge boost to our nation's morale. My alma mater has even gone so far as to claim that they will return to normal activity while providing the necessary testing services on campus from the university itself...an idea promoted by the University president who is a thoracic surgeon. Good luck with that huge risk and undertaking which will take a lot of Bearing Down. Fortunately, the medical school and associated hospital and labs are nearby.

I still have not seen any ideas that have convinced me completely that unless all students, at the minimum, can be tested before allowed on campus, or ideally, vaccinated, that normal class activity and football with fans can be conducted. But I am beginning to see hope and there is nothing like Yankee ingenuity...if our SEC friends will indulge the expression.