I am/was fine with the kneeling,
by Tex Francisco (2020-06-18 12:53:25)

In reply to: How willing would you be to sign Colin Kaepernick  posted by SixShutouts66

but he was a mediocre QB with baggage even before the kneeling. He lost his starting QB job to Blaine Gabbert. He had several chances to win it back with new coaches and couldn't.

Exactly this. Then add in the absolute media circus
by Steelhop  (2020-06-18 15:58:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he would bring into the locker room, he's going to get a lot of lip service but I doubt a team signs or even brings him in. Don't add in the fact, if his talent has degraded to the point you have to cut him...that headline just writes itself for negative publicity.

Right, and there are some leagues where a media circus
by Tex Francisco  (2020-06-18 20:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

translates into money, like it did with the LA Galaxy and David Beckham or the Birmingham Barons and Michael Jordan. With the NFL's revenue sharing model, it is on the far other end of the spectrum. A media circus does almost nothing for the team at the center of the circus.

It is now hip to kneel in the NFL
by RJD  (2020-06-25 16:19:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so if he can help your team, media circus is a poor excuse.

With respect to kneeling, I always supported the kneelers.

Just look to the words of the anthem:

Land of the Free- that is all of us.
and the Home of the Brave- that is for the soldiers.

So the song doesn't just belong to people who served.