Mine as well....
by crazychester (2022-05-20 00:19:08)

In reply to: My freshman year at ND -- thanks for the info  posted by tf86

When I got my room mate notice it was Eric Dorsey, McLean, Va. I assumed it was some rich DC kid until I saw his picture in faces in the crowd in SI that summer...he won a bunch of field events I believe. Anyway, I showed up in Dillon and no Eric Dorsey....he had become fast friends with Pinkett in fall camp and decided to live together. I met him a few times in the ensuing years....nice enough guy.

I knew a few of those guys and the ones I knew were all pretty down to earth. Dingens played in every game of his 4 years save for the 82 opener against Michigan. I think he has put three kids through ND. Wiso could only be described as oft-injured. Always seemed to have a cast as he rolled around Dillon. Good player though. Kevin Smith was up in the ghetto in Dillon in a single. He was sophomore surrounded by a bunch of idiot Freshman. Nice enough guy though.

Who showed up instead of Dorsey?
by 801stlouis  (2022-05-20 13:16:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m curious as it might help me understand who is calling me an idiot. Weisso was a great guy. Had lots of epic times with him to include the Liberty Bowl week where we had 24/7 access to the Hospitality Banquet room in the BC hotel and an official Liberty Bowl car. Also used to hang out with Plantz in 370 in 83-84…both really good guys. I was surprised to learn recently that Weisso made the very first tackle of the Holtz era, or at least was given credit for it on TV.

I lived in Stanford
by tf86  (2022-05-20 11:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

During freshman orientation weekend, we had a joint dorm party with Keenan. Eric Dorsey showed up for it. I remember thinking at the time that he was the most massive human being I had ever seen in person. Nice guy too.