Reid took the points.
by Wooderson (2024-02-12 15:14:44)

In reply to: Am I crazy for thinking Butker should be the SB MVP  posted by 105Marquette

It's the last game of the year, get ALL the points as early as you can.

Butker is my fantasy kicker, and has been for years now, he's Vinatieri 3.0. Got a chance? Take it. I figured our box pool would come down to some stupid "let's go for two moment" but it was straight chalk all the way.

Wish I hadn't stuck to my rules (4th q score is 4th q score, OT doesn't count) because I had $3k coming if I'd had the OT score for my little daughter. Stupid principles.3

Switch those rules up. The big payout should go to the box
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-02-12 15:34:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the correct final score. I'm good with a provision, especially in a pool with a good payout such as yours, that in the event of OT the box with the 4th quarter score gets a little piece of the final score payout but that's it.

we all give the box the payout *
by jt  (2024-02-13 13:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s why they call it the money shot *
by Father Nieuwland  (2024-02-13 20:36:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand what you're saying...
by El Kabong  (2024-02-12 16:13:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but it does screw over the people with matching numbers from winning the final a little bit.

Yeah but if they had double 0,3,4,or 7 they were set pretty
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-02-12 21:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well with good odds for the first three quarters. In this example I think $500 for the 9/9 box and $2,500 for the 5/2 box would be how I'd look to set it up.

I run it, so I get a little tip on the back end
by Wooderson  (2024-02-12 15:53:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the folks who know how it goes.

But the rules are the rules, 58 SB's and that was only the 2nd to go to OT. The final Q4 score stands, and no one has an argument. Made for a more entertaining OT, all pressure off financially.