No such thing as a stable job in the NFL
by Queensman (2018-01-10 17:10:59)
Edited on 2018-01-10 19:23:52

In reply to: You think?  posted by El Kabong

...unless of course your name is Belichick or Tomlin.

Trestman got 2 years with the Bears and he was much more experienced than Nagy. Granted Trestman was terrible, but he only got two. Fox got 3 years. They're now on their 3rd coach in 5 years. Nothing stable about that.

The Browns have gone through 5 coaches in 10 years, including a one and done in there. Jack Del Rio is one year removed from 12-4 and unemployed. Vance Joseph will be gone if he doesn't produce next year. I think Andy Reid's seat is going to get a little warm soon. That was one of the worst coached playoff games I've ever seen.

Is Kelly's job safe for 3 years? Who knows, HH wouldn't be fired as long as Kelly is there. If Kelly were fired, a replacement coach may even choose to keep him on. If stability is what he's looking for, the NFL and especially the Bears, ain't it.

I do believe he's probably getting his salary doubled which will compensate for a lack of stability. That and being able to coach more mature linemen for longer periods of time are the reasons I'd attribute to him bolting.