Agreed, but he's also BC's run game coordinator.
by PeteatND (2018-01-11 16:19:53)

In reply to: the OL coach isn't the issue, IMO  posted by jt

It's plausible, if Shanty really is interested in leaving "no stone unturned", per Nelson's dad, that he might delegate some of the structure of the run game to a new OL coach.

Someone like Frye, who has designed a run game before, might have the best shot at convincing "Mr. Red Nose, Short Hose" to give it a shot.

Hiestand also held that title at least when hired.
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-11 17:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They don't list that on his bio, though, so I don't know if that title was removed or not at any point with the various OC changes since that time.

Plus, how could we attract top assistants when they have onerous job responsibilities like not being a jerk and teaching their players not to be jerks.

From Hiestand as he departed:
“Father (John) Jenkins and Jack Swarbrick asked us to do more than simply coach football. They asked us to not only help our young men mature, but also prepare them for the trials of life. I loved that challenge."

Well, between Harry and Brian, that makes one of them.

"Mr. Red Nose, Short Hose"
by garbageplate  (2018-01-11 16:59:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done.

Ha, I've been trying to make that happen for a while.
by PeteatND  (2018-01-11 17:11:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hopefully it'll catch on. Also, original credit goes to my brother, JHND.