Run game coordinator too
by SEE (2018-01-11 21:55:46)

In reply to: Bruce Feldman mentioned BC line coach Justin Frye  posted by Bluengold07

Interesting

Right there not a good fit
by Brahms  (2018-01-11 22:09:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly couldn't live with him myself if we got a ground game going again

ND finished ahead of Bama, UGA and Wisc in rushing this yr
by jdinportland  (2018-01-13 00:59:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But hey stay with your fact free narrative if it suits your objectives

GA and bama had more total yards and more TDs
by cj  (2018-01-13 23:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rushing than ND.

All 3 had more rushing attempts per game than ND.

ND led in avg per carry and ypg.

Did you watch any of the games this year? *
by bluengold07  (2018-01-12 08:56:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he did, which is why he said what he said
by ndmaqi  (2018-01-12 09:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After 4-5 games of dominant running, Kelly started saying we needed to be more balanced. We started passing a lot more, and stopped running as much.

This is not an accurate characterization of what happened
by oneill3b  (2018-01-12 14:32:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are legitimate beefs about the types of runs we called this year, but your description is just objectively incorrect.

Really? Did you watch the games?
by bluengold07  (2018-01-12 13:47:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the sixth game, Notre Dame ran 57 times for 341 yards. In the seventh game, Notre Dame ran 47 times for 377 yards. In the eight game, Notre Dame ran 54 times for 318 yards.

I'm sorry, i didn't look up the date of the quote
by ndmaqi  (2018-01-12 18:04:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't look up the date of the quote and what game number it was - but it appeared that planning a consistent run game stopped immediately after Kelly said he wanted to pass more. That includes what packages and plays would be part of the game plan.

What happened after that? *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2018-01-12 14:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That wasn't what he asked
by bluengold07  (2018-01-12 16:02:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He said that after the 4th or 5th game, Notre Dame went to a more balanced offense. He was wrong.

He said after 4-5 games of dominant running.
by Mark_It_Zero  (2018-01-12 19:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He didn't say after the 4th or 5th game. He did not specify which games were the 4-5 games of dominant running. His post is imprecise. I don't question that, but Kelly did talk about changing the narrative on Wimbush's passing ability. I don't think it is out of bounds to suggest that there was a change in focus at some point.

We played teams with a defense. *
by pasteven  (2018-01-12 14:39:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And what about the other 3 games prior to Stanford? *
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-12 15:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We gained less yards per carry in the Georgia, Miami,
by Carlos Huerta  (2018-01-12 15:43:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Stanford games than those teams allowed on average. They should let the individual players share and keep that Joe Moore award, Brian Kelly's program is undeserving of it.