We'll always have this call
by Chuck84 (2018-01-13 15:05:28)

In reply to: RIP Keith Jackson  posted by Irishdemon

Could you dig up that Michigan Appalachian State Loss?
by slats  (2018-01-14 02:21:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You put me in the mood for more tears in the Big House.

Ask and you shall receive ...
by ndhouston  (2018-01-14 09:34:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Big 10 Network broadcast starts with Lloyd Carr and Mike Hart "eyeing a national championship". Enjoy.

Hodamighty that was Good!
by slats  (2018-01-14 17:03:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Speed kills! And The Boys from Boone N.C. (ground zero for fly rod trout fishing) were loaded with it. Great shots of tear-soaked Walmart Wolverines.
Only thing missing was LLoyd Carr sneering after the game while wondering how he was going to explain it to Bo.

Guy who blocked the FG married Billy Graham's granddaughter.
by domer4  (2018-01-14 18:14:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's one way to get the attention of North Carolina royalty.

Simply Glorious. *
by TripleDomer  (2018-01-14 14:49:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rae Carruth jumping around like he was just granted parole
by jt  (2018-01-13 21:19:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

oh, did I say that out loud?

(#21, by the way)

That ball went >70 yards in the air. Wow. *
by Wooderson  (2018-01-13 21:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kordell Stewart was a freakish athlete. *
by irishhawk49  (2018-01-13 21:41:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of your best posts ever *
by Oldtownirish  (2018-01-13 19:27:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of my favorite non-ND games ever
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-01-13 15:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw the end at the old ND Faculty Club (RIP) as my dad and I tried to dry off from the torrential downpour during that day's ND-Purdue game. Note how the Michigan scoreboard did not reflect the winning Colorado TD more than 30 seconds after it was scored. (There was no replay review in those days.)

Similar
by Chuck84  (2018-01-13 16:30:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had just left our tailgater near Senior Bar wanting to go dry off after the PU game. The last I had heard is that Michigan was up 12 points with about five minutes to go. I had pretty well written off any hope.

Then I jumped in my car and began heading home. I tuned in Jeff Jeffers' postgame show. He was recapping not only our game, but Miami's first home loss (to Washington) in nine years. Jeffers then mentioned that Colorado was down five, but with under a minute to go.

Minutes later, a listener called in and, while on the air, shouted to Jeffers, "Man did you just see that ending to the Michigan game? Wow."

I knew it had to be something good.

bailed early on my cousin's lame wedding reception
by cujaysfan  (2018-01-13 19:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and ended up with some college buddies at the cherry cricket

the writing was on the wall and we were finishing up and gonna get the tab when my brother said something like "only flutie can save 'em now"

i've never seen so many full pitchers of beer appear out of no where on a table

we immediately rallied and went late into the night

it might be the only useful moment in Buff football history

Your last sentence is spot-on
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-01-13 20:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their one half-championship was gifted to them by the refs, against ND, Missouri, and Stanford.

I hope the refs didn't let it get them down, down, down,
by jt  (2018-01-13 21:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

down, down.

I liked his 1st. *
by cj  (2018-01-13 21:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Better than App St 2007? MSU 2015?
by domer4  (2018-01-13 15:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rank your favorite non-ND Big House game ending play.

I will assume this is your favorite Keith Jackson game ending ND at Michigan call ("somebody over the top!!")

"Good gracious alive!" *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-01-14 01:33:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like the fumbled punt-MSU TD on the last play game *
by drmurray  (2018-01-13 15:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hot Hot Hot
by ndhouston  (2018-01-13 15:42:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post