I remember only two plays total from those 2 games
by Hanratty5ND (2018-01-16 10:27:21)

In reply to: Yes, those were the 2 losses  posted by ShermanOaksND

1994-- Bobby Taylor with the strip sack /fumble return for a TD. That was a big league play.

1995 Bowl Game--ND getting called for a safety when Krug was called for Intentional Grounding trying to throw out of his own EZ. I thought that was a bogus call--game over.

1995 Bowl game--the blarney offense
by jt  (2018-01-16 18:43:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we ran all over them in the first quarter with weird formations/plays/etc.

I also remember Derrick Mayes making an unbelievable catch in the end zone in at least double and possibly triple coverage.

I remember one thing about the 1994 game
by domer4  (2018-01-16 13:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we had just tied it up 16-16 and was going for the extra point and the lead.

We missed it, and they show Lou just dropping his cap on the field with a look of "can't anything go right this year?"

The kicking game was really bad that year, and in 1996
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-01-16 14:14:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Against Southern Cal, ND led 17-10 in the fourth quarter, and lined up for a field goal that would've sealed a 12th straight win in the series. Instead, Southern Cal blocked the kick and returned it deep into ND territory. They later scored a TD and tied the game at 17, which ended up being the final score. It was the last tie in ND history.

Two years later, a missed extra point left ND ahead of USC 20-12 instead of 21-12. USC scored a TD and made a 2-point conversion to tie the game at 20, and then won it in OT to end ND's 13-game unbeaten streak in the series.