Disagree. I think the depth/talent at RB is dubious
by Hanratty5ND (2018-01-16 14:16:49)
Edited on 2018-01-16 14:18:28

In reply to: I don't see a lack of depth at RB at all...  posted by MR_IRISH

With the departure of Adams--3 of the top 4 returning RB's have either been arrested/or suspended at one time while at ND.

Most all of them had trouble staying healthy last year.

There is some talent there--but were any of these guys considered Top 5 RB's coming out of HS? Top 10 even? Top 15? Look at what the top 5 programs sign at RB

ND has one potential game breaker in Dexter Williams-- and he can't seem to get more than 2-3 carries in Kelly's offense because he can't/wont block.
Solution: give him the damned ball.

I was disappointed in ND's RB recruiting with this just signed 2018 class. Smith is a solid get--3 star #32 ranked RB on Rivals/247.

But is that really good enough if ND if aspires to be a top program?

Agreed - they probably need 4+ RBs in this recruiting cycle. *
by PeteatND  (2018-01-16 14:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree the lack of RB depth infuriates me..
by supernd  (2018-01-16 14:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no reason not to recruit 2 backs a year. You can move rbs around if you need to.

They have a couple of DBs coming in...
by BigNDfan  (2018-01-16 16:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that played RB in high school. Not that they could spare that position group.

And obviously they had landed 2 RBs in this class before parting ways with the kid that ended up at USC.

DB more valuable to the NFL now than RB's. A flip
by irpa  (2018-01-16 19:57:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from yesteryear.

Great RBs don't want to watch fade routes from the 1yd line
by Bones  (2018-01-16 14:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite two All American linemen and a QB with accuracy issues, Kelly still can't help his knee jerk reaction to revert to the pass. If I were a top RB, I wouldn't want to play for him and his paddy cake offense either.

Should try Crawford on offense as well.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-01-16 14:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post