Weis may have understood ND
by Camarillo Brillo (2018-01-20 19:11:43)

In reply to: Weis understood Notre Dame.  posted by Revue Party

He may have "gotten it." But it meant fuck-all on the field.

Weis had success his first two years because all the pieces were in place for him; a quarterback who had a good arm and was coachable, 2-3 wide receivers who played at a very high level their junior and senior years, a veteran tight end who could catch, a running back who was a solid receiver out of the backfield and an offensive line talented enough to allow the plays to develop.

Once he had to build a team from scratch, he was fucked.

Plus he was a bona fide arrogant asshole with numerous documented episodes of him shitting on alumni and fans alike.

You can tell it's gotten really bad that we're to the point of being nostalgic for Charlie Fucking Weis.

This is just a dumb post
by DwightSchrute  (2018-01-23 22:35:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry but Weis basically had 2 recruiting classes (last Davie, first TW) and then the 2 recruiting classes that were the equivalent to the death penalty were juniors and seniors in 2008. Blaming CW for that is simply stupid. He had one year with his recruiting classes - and it wasn't a good year, but it wasn't 4-8 either. He was a significantly better in-game coach than our current head coach. I'd go as far as to say Charlie Weis saved Notre Dame football. Nobody of significance wanted that job seeing TW put the program in a deep ditch. I completely agree that Charlie had his drawbacks, and some were significant, but much of what happened to him is not his fault. And need I remind you who's recruits almost completely dominated the field for BK's 12-0 season? So if you want to rip Charlie's attitude, fine. If you want to rep his last year's on-field product, fair. But to refer to him as you did above is just dumb and completely lacks perspective or appreciation of where TW left the program, which was on the side of the road in a ditch to die. Its just too bad ND couldn't have hired a better follow up to him than we have.

At least we had no cheating scandals under Weis.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2018-01-21 15:46:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just threw up in my mouth.

Any examples of him in regards to the alumni? *
by Fifthhorseman  (2018-01-21 15:35:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any examples of him in regards to the alumni? *
by Fifthhorseman  (2018-01-21 15:30:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post