This is just a dumb post
by DwightSchrute (2018-01-23 22:35:03)
Edited on 2018-01-23 22:35:50

In reply to: Weis may have understood ND  posted by Camarillo Brillo

Sorry but Weis basically had 2 recruiting classes (last Davie, first TW) and then the 2 recruiting classes that were the equivalent to the death penalty were juniors and seniors in 2008. Blaming CW for that is simply stupid. He had one year with his recruiting classes - and it wasn't a good year, but it wasn't 4-8 either. He was a significantly better in-game coach than our current head coach. I'd go as far as to say Charlie Weis saved Notre Dame football. Nobody of significance wanted that job seeing TW put the program in a deep ditch. I completely agree that Charlie had his drawbacks, and some were significant, but much of what happened to him is not his fault. And need I remind you who's recruits almost completely dominated the field for BK's 12-0 season? So if you want to rip Charlie's attitude, fine. If you want to rep his last year's on-field product, fair. But to refer to him as you did above is just dumb and completely lacks perspective or appreciation of where TW left the program, which was on the side of the road in a ditch to die. Its just too bad ND couldn't have hired a better follow up to him than we have.