I believe he always worked at his law firm. I don't believe
by 1978Irish (2018-01-24 10:24:28)

In reply to: Swarbrick was General Counsel for USAG  posted by sb

he was in-house General Counsel for USA Gymnastics with an office in their headquarters advising management on day to day legal issues. He may have had the title or taken the title in a George O'Leary-esq padding of his resume.

I think he would be more accurately described as their lead outside counsel. In role he might have advised the management on day to day issues or he might be the guy they called when they had problem or were sued or he might be the guy who showed up at Board meetings and answered legal quested posed at board meetings. Outside counsel would only know there was a problem when called by management.

I don't like Swarbrick. I think he is completely unqualified to be the athletic director at ND. While I think there is an excellent chance that he would have advised USA Gymnastics management to stonewall and not address their problems, I don't think that his position is proof that he did that.

I think it would be good for him to address the questions that arise due to his position as attorney for USA Gymnastics

Replies: