to put a finer point of the inanity of your post
by HTownND (2018-03-07 17:12:21)
Edited on 2018-03-07 17:18:01

In reply to: I love that you include Louisville and VT  posted by HTownND

Final rankings the past 8 seasons (ie since 2010)

Louisville
2010 - UR
2011 - UR
2012 - 13
2013 - 15
2014 - 24
2015 - UR
2016 - 21
2017 - UR

VaTech
2010 - 15
2011 - 17
2012 - 13
2013 - UR
2014 - UR
2015 - UR
2016 - UR
2017 - 16

Your post was so sad and pathetic, I don't know what to say. But at this point, nothing surprises me when it comes to ND football and our fans.

PS - Michigan sucks (yes in all things, but they actually haven't been very good in a while, they certainly aren't elite).

So odds are one of them will be ranked.
by Tdiddy07  (2018-03-07 20:37:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The broader point stands. That’s likely 4-5 ranked opponents at the top end between those six programs. Also Michigan will have very talented upper classmen then. I expect Michigan to be a consistent 2 loss program by 2019.

Probably not
by HTownND  (2018-03-08 08:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louisville’s ranking were tied to a couple of their best players ever (and even that didn’t help this year).

Va Tech who knows

I included the top half of the schedule.
by undfan211  (2018-03-07 20:32:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe want to edit your post?

Nope
by HTownND  (2018-03-08 08:34:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“It's an elite top-end schedule with a very soft bottom half”

It’s not an elite top end schedule. Not even close.

2 likely great teams (and I’m not ready to put USC in this bucket just yet but will for the sake of argument) does not make an elite top end schedule.

VaTech and Louisville are pedestrian and don’t make our top end elite in any way shape or form.

Michigan is good. Stanford will be good.

That’s not an elite top end, it just isn’t.

Show your work. Compare it to other teams.
by undfan211  (2018-03-08 08:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our fifth-best opponent has been ranked more times than not the past decade. How many other teams have a schedule like that?

Well, because I can
by HTownND  (2018-03-08 10:57:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's some more easy ones (preseason ranking in parenthesis).

Auburn
Washington (12)
Miss St (17)
Georgia (4)
Alabama (1)
LSU (19)

USC
Stanford (13)
Washington (12)
Texas (18)
Oregon (22)
ND (14)

I can keep going if you'd like, but I think it's clear, all of the "good" college football teams play that many top end games.

Our schedule is on par with other good teams in CFB, certainly not "elite" (and I think that is the word that set all of this off, elite means at the top, we aren't).

You shifted the goalposts. Washington and Mississippi
by undfan211  (2018-03-08 12:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

State don't meet the criteria you laid out for Louisville and Virginia Tech.

Not really
by HTownND  (2018-03-08 12:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was pointing out again, that using your standards, our schedule still isn't "elite". I didn't change my standards, so I'll sum it up.

Under my standards, which are admittedly higher than yours, our schedule is not elite
Under your standards, which are sort of sad and embarrassing, even then, our schedule is not elite.

I didn't move the goal posts, I basically used your diminished expectations to show, a second time, our schedule is pretty fucking far from elite.

But yeah, our schedule is an elite ball buster with L'Ville and Va Tech. Internet high five. You can have the last word here, because, I just don't give a fuck trying to polish the turd that is our scheduling, you seem to think it's super duper hard/awesome. Good for you. Enjoy Ball State. Last word is yours.

Sure
by HTownND  (2018-03-08 10:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Texas A&M top 5 opponents

Clemson
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi State
Alabama

They play the preseason 1 and 2 teams (Bama and Clemson).

Throw in Auburn, and that's 3 top 10 preseason teams.

Miss St is listed preseason at 17.

So that's 4 top 20 teams, and their 5th best team, LSU, is better than Va Tech recently and historically (and also ranked in the top 20)

You don't hear anyone talking about how elite A&Ms schedule is. You don't hear folks in Texas bitching and moaning about how hard it is. It's their schedule.

That was easy and took 5 seconds. It's without question much better at the top than ours, it's not even close.